Sunday 4 January 2015

Happy New Year

It's all over for another year....how I hate that saying!
I love Christmas and all the trimmings that goes with it and I'm sorry to be putting everything away for another year, but needs must so I spent today taking down the trees, cards and decorations and storing them all in the garage until November when I can do it all again!

On Christmas Eve we went to the garden centre to feed the reindeer and this year they were very hungry. There's a little machine that you put £1 coin and and it spit's out a tiny amount of food, Rudolph and his friends gobbled it up from little outstretched hands.


Santa was good to me this year and brought me a set of 1950's babycham glasses,


a lovely biscuit tin that I filled with chocolate biscuits to have with a cuppa,


and my best present ever...Julie Arkell's new book.. Away.


Boxing Day afternoon all the family come, we exchanged presents, played games, wore silly hats and ate a lovely M&S buffet. After a few drinks some went home and some slept over, we talked long into the night about new beginnings....


I have some news to share.

Our son and his girlfriend are expecting a baby in the new year.....


We are all overjoyed at the patter of little feet once again coming into the family.

Lucey X

8 comments:

Ali said...

Awww congratulations on your news - ooh you are going to be a nanna (or is it going to be grandma!!) Lovely pictures thank you for sharing sounds like a fab time was had by all xx

Plain Jane said...

What lovely news to start the year with - congratulations x Jane

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas and congratulations. What a fabulous news in this new year. X

Elderberry-Rob said...

What wonderful news for you won't it be lovely to have a little one to play with and cuddle. Brtty

KC'sCourt! said...

Congratulations on your news. Lovely start to the new year.
Julie xxxxxxxx

Sarah said...

Congratulations on your happy news :) xx

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

I'm rather envious you fed reindeers on Christmas Eve!!

Happy New Year and congratulations on your wonderful news. We found out that my brother and SIL are expecting another little girl this Summer.

Victoria x
FlorenceandMary.com

Mary Poppins said...

Ohooo what lovely news - congratulations! I'm popping by to wish you a belated New Year too, may it be filled with lots of good health and happiness for you and loved ones xx