Wednesday 30 September 2009

Pottering....

Yesterday I spent the day pottering in the garden, all the bedding plant's were past their best and had to come out....




I got lot's of seed's from the nasturtium's for next year....




This is the last of the sweet peas in this little glass jug, sweet peas are so summery....




And there was enought lavender to fill this wire trug and a vase, it smell's lovely as you walk past it....




All this went into the "brown" bin to be collected by the bin men....




Along with two hanging basket's and lot's of patio pot's so now I'll have to go to the garden centre for lot's of heather's and pansie's to fill them all up again





I thought these two had been quiet all afternoon... they'd gone upstairs to bed!!!! naughty naughty....

8 comments:

jo said...

I've been doing the same this afternoon!!

Shsjndkdns said...

Hi Lucey,
Thanks for the comment, sorry I have been very slow in getting back to everyone and didn't have a chance to check out your blog last time. It looks fab I love the name and layout. I think lavender might perhaps keep its smell longer if its in a jar, but it looks really pretty how you've got it xxx

Lucy Pursglove-Jones said...

Sweet Peas are one of my faves! I need to do my autumn tidy ups on our gardens but I feel it's pointless until our trees have dropped all their leaves. Our dog creeps upstairs to get on our bed too! Very naughty :)
Xx

Country Cottage Chic said...

The end of summer garden is quite sad isn't it? But it is a good opportunity to plant some bulbs for spring...,which reminds me that I have some that I need to plant!

Naughty pups made me smile - that's exactly what Toby does except he burrows under the duvet & thinks I can't see him there!

Jayne

Happy Harris said...

I hate everything disappearing though! I love Spring theat is my favourite season...I seem to be down in the dumps at the moment SIGH!

When do you plant sweetpeas? I love them...the smell is divine and Lavender - when is best to plant I would like to grow some lavender, sweetpeas and roses or and hydrangeas in my garden but havent got a clue - any advice hon?

Loving what you are doing over here...

Love Happy xx

Debbie @ The Shabby Bungalow said...

Wow love your blog :)
I hate it when all the plants die off at the end of summer - my garden looks so sad now not that it was that good in the summer! LOL
Thanks for popping by my blog I will add you to my bloglines so I can keep up

Cathy Prew said...

Great floral photography! I could only wish :-) Family pets are sooo sweet and full of unconditional love!

Ticking stripes said...

Oh I have one of those trugs and was in need of some inspiration - yours looks lovely!