Friday 11 December 2009

Parcels...


I had three  lovely parcels delivered to me this week, the first was a huge box of goodies from Italy.




All beautifully wrapped,




And sent to me by Michela of   little secrets from my garden  inside were a tin of biscuits , some tins of delicious sweets and some lovely rose scented toiletries.






Thank you Michela.





The second parcel of goodies was from Twiggypeasticks,  I've put the robin on top of my tree, there was a lovely brooch and some cute tiny postcards, thanks Sarah.




My next parcel was from e bay, two brilliant books, well loved carols and ...




things to make, one of my favourite books when I was little and at Christmas I always made a snowman with my sister. You got a jam jar and sat a potato in the top for the head then covered the whole lot in cotton wool!!!







We also used to make a log like this one, my Dad used to drill a hole in the top of a log and We'd decorated it with a candle and cotton wool for snow. I don't know if cotton wool still comes on a roll or is it just cotton wool balls nowadays,???  It was all Blue Peter type stuff.




Mr Lucey saw this in a shop near his works and thought I'd like it, a christmas pud, a stand, a jug with a bottle of brandy and some brandy butter for only £16...I love it. I've put some oranges with cloves on the plate 'till the pudding goes on it.




I  was quite excited to get the tree up on Wednesday with all the new baubles I've bought this year.




Then disaster struck!!! I dropped a book on this and of course it broke, weep weep,  but I did  manage to buy a replacement yippee.









A sweetie cottage





A bag of toys






and a big clock face so we know when its time for Santa to call.  Before I forget "Happy birthday Mr Lucey xx"  Tomorrow we're going out for the day with Alexa... Bye for now  love Lucey xx.



10 comments:

Unknown said...

What wonderful parcels, lucky girl! I love your union jack tree decoration! Have a lovely weekend! suzie. xxx

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Christmas has come early for you with all these gifts!

You favour the same style of Christmas decorations as I do... I love your sweet cottage.

Victoria xx

Lucy Pursglove-Jones said...

Wow what beautiful things, how lovely! :) x

Rachel M said...

I love your Union Jack bauble! Shame about the smashed one! XxX

Kissed by an Angel said...

What lovely things you received in your parcels!! Lucky you!!! I love the Union Jack bauble!! Good job you were able to replace it!!!

xxxx

Kelly said...

Great packages!! Love all the vintage style packaging in Michela's parcel!!!!
Your tree looks magical! I particularly love the clock decoretion!!!

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Your tree looks lovely! I'm glad you were able to get a replacement for your broken one.

Merry Christmas!
Janelle

salty pebble said...

Beautiful blog ;0)
loved all your parcel giftys- such joy this time of year x

** merry christmas **

MelMel said...

Hi....lovely festive fun!x

Celestial Charms said...

Your white Christmas tree looks adorable. Such lovely ornaments to adorne it. Festive parcels arriving before Christmas...what more can one ask? Happy Holidays.
Maureen