Wednesday 30 November 2011

Jessie and Buddug, the shop

The main reason we went to london at the weekend was to visit jessie and Buddug's shop  on Columbia Road in the east end of London




"WOW"


it was amazing, full of handmade treasures and I spent an hour just taking it all in.



I love wearing  brooches and there were plenty of hand made ones to choose from,



the shelves were full of journals all made by Jessie,



hand stitched pictures on the walls



and mirrors with bow ties,


you wouldn't find another one of these, a mirror made from a book.



Of course you can't lurk that long without buying a little something!





Can't wait to hang this Christmas stocking up  made from a blanket with a cute little pug on the front,



and some gift wrap and cards


and I think I might find a couple of other gorgeous bits from santa in my stocking...

Luckily for me mr lucey loves shopping too and while I was in the shop he'd had a wander about and said "we must come back tomorrow to visit the famous  Columbia Road flower market" isn't he just a gem!!

Lucey x




12 comments:

Jelly Jam said...

Goodness, it looks amazing. Has one person made it all? I'm in awe!
Ellie
x

Rose H (UK) said...

WOW! What a stunning shop, how could you ever decide what to buy?
(I'm still reeling to think Mr Lucey actually likes shopping!)

Chronicles of Dolliedaydream said...

Aww brilliant this brings back great memories!! Before we moved back 'up north' we lived on Victoria Park Road for nearly ten years. Just a few minutes away from Columbia Road. In those days it was just the flower market and a few shops. We used to stroll over every Sunday morning to buy bagels and flowers for our flat.

Happy times :-)

There are some ace shops there now, it's very trendy! Also some good old fashioned East End pubs where they still have roast potatoes on the bar and seafood.

I love going back when we are down in London, glad you enjoyed it xxx

Deborah said...

Wow a wonderful shop! love your stocking and your wrapping paper so pretty and cute!

Bee happy x
Have a delicious day!

Kelly said...

Wow! I have to be honest I totaly make a point of avoiding Bethnal Green/Hackney (my ex was from there and I found it a depressing place lol!) but I may get over my phobia to visit that darling little shop! It's only a short drive from me so I could get back quickly! lol!!!

Pea Green Kitty said...

What a fabulous shop...I shall most definitely be hunting this one down next time I visit the big smoke!
Glad you are having a lovely time!
x

Between Me and You said...

I`ve been in that shop when they first opened up about 3 years ago and I`m so glad to see them still going strong. The girls are very talented and deserve to do well. Lucky you being able to buy something - by the time I got there, my pockets were empty!Maybe next time.

Unknown said...

Wow the shop looks lovely lots of gorgeous things. dee x

Jessie Chorley & Buddug The Shop said...

And it was lovely to have you both to visit us at 158 a Columbia rd!
Yes Thank you for coming to the shop we had a great weekend all around lots of lovely people and I am so happy my little hand made pieces are being taken home ready to be wrapped and put under many pretty tress for the special day!

Kindest regards to all and enjoy the festive season

Jessie Chorley

claire said...

hi! just found your blog and love it :) that shop looks like heaven! why arent there more shops like that around!?

Lace hearts said...

Wow, what a fantastic shop. I wonder if I could get there - I'm south of London, so will have to look it up. I love tthe goodies you chose, especially that wrapping paper.

MelMel said...

Wonderful shop! Love the mirror tied up with ribbon!

I'm so glad you like my blog posts...I do try to make it a lovely place to pop by and visit!xcxxx