Saturday 21 December 2013

All Hand Made


Back in September I spied some gorgeous blue faced Leicester wool when I was in York, so I bought  a couple of hanks got out the needles and hunted through my patterns to knit a couple of "Christmassy" cushions.



The wool knits up lovely and is ever so warm and cosy, I made one in brown with cream reindeer's, snowflakes,  trees and border



and the other one in  cream with brown.


Next I embroidered a tablecloth with words from
 "the night before Christmas" on it,

"stockings were hung"



"visions of sugarplums"



Do you remember the pillowcase with the tiny "E" on it, well that's now a tray cloth,

"plum  pudding, oranges and cloves, mince pies and cream" ......mmmm all sounds delicious!!


Mr Lucey got me this gorgeous yellow "Robertson's mincemeat" tin, I have quite a few tins now but this one is definitely my favorite


bake, eat and be merry syrup tin, and a handmade wooly christmas tree  that I got from a fair,



more reindeer's, this time crocheted.



The Christmas tree on the landing has hand made stars, Mary, Joseph and Jesus peg dolls,


and festive cards hung on the branches



and this year's Christmas journal


covered in hand printed fabric that I made on a course last Summer,


little tree's ready for the cemetery, one decorated with rusty bells and filled with hyacinth bulbs and the other with a garland of monkey nuts for the birds.....



and finally....

a little display in the hall.



Wishing you all warmest Christmas wishes,

Lucey x

6 comments:

Ali said...

Just gorgeous - I love your cushions xxx

Vintage Sheet Addict said...

Merry Christmas Lucey, your home is looking very festive, I love those cushions! :) x

WinnibriggsHouse said...

Oh wow! I am so green with envy of your cushions. They are gorgeous. Is it a modern pattern that you can still buy. I would love to make these a project for 2014.
A very Merry Christmas to you and yours! X

Carol said...

A lovely, handmade celebration, gorgeous cushions.
Wishing you and yours a wonderful Christmas and a very Happy New Year. Carol xx

claire a baker said...

LOVE the reindeer cushions AND the Mary, Jesus, Joseph peg dolls! They're brilliant!

Locket Pocket said...

Those cushions are fabulous! Did you knit them flat or in the round? x