Monday 27 June 2011

Lavender's blue dilly, dilly....

Morning girl's



To cut or not to cut is what I asked myself!!! 


The bees are loving my lavender that I planted down the path last year but there's so much of it it seemed a waste to let it go


so yesterday I picked a basket full and tied it into bunches and hung it up to dry in my craft room


(please excuse Lulu's tail she's camera shy!!)

it makes  the room smell lovely  and there's still about another four bunches to pick I will leave some for the bee's though as I know they love it, wish I knew where I could get some lavender honey from imagine that spread on your toast.....mmmmm.



Are we all enjoying the lovely sunny weather? I hate to say it but it is a trifle hot for doing "housewifey" things so I thought I'd raid the fridge for all those unusual shaped jars that have a scraping or two of pickles and chutney's and give them a good wash out so I can store my ever growing stash of buttons and bit's and bob's in them and I have a couple of crafty thing's to make for my partner in the magic ball  swap.

Better get on then,

love Lucey x

11 comments:

Deborah said...

I love lavender, i can just imagine the divine smell in your craft room today! I do the same with jars in the fridge!! ;)

Bee happy x
Have a delicious day!

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Oh I bet it does smell fabulous!

Victoria xxx

VintageVicki said...

I love lavendar - just added a new one to my collection this year.

Am leaving it for the bees for now. Though there are more of them on our 2 huge hebes than the lavendar at the moment.

Jenny said...

Oooh bet it smells lovely round yours! Would love to grow my own lavender, maybe I will add it to my list for next year! xxx
p.s I've also got lots of coffee jars washed and ready to be turned into craft storage :)

Becky (Hazel and Blue) said...

What a great idea to bring the outdoors into the indoors. Also a great use of your beautiful lavender, I have used dried lavender before in my sewing projects and it smells divine. Bx

Crafts @ Home said...

The lavender is stunning, it's one of the things I have difficulty growing, I think my soil is too rich... don't the flowers look gorgeous hanging upside down :)
Sue xxx

KC'sCourt! said...

Ooooh! I can smell the Lavender!!!!
Julie xxxxxxxx

Jewel said...

Oooo I would really love some lavender in my garden! The fiance said he would buy me some but hasn't so far!

It looks lovely hung on your drawers, must smell fantastic! Great idea! x

Priscilla said...

I love lavender! Your plants look lovely.I dont have any lavender but my parents do,so I pinch theirs lol x

Unknown said...

I bet that smells lovely. Enjoy it and your little craft projects, dee x

Riddlers cottage flowers said...

Ito love lavender and have lots all over the cottage.I really love reading your blog thanks for reading mine.Lesley x