Sunday 18 September 2011

Old blanket...


I'd mentioned to my friend Julie that I was looking for an old wool blanket to make crafty things with and the next day she brought me two from her father's blanket chest that he no longer wanted, yipee, I was delighted.

So what to make, well I had a lovely notebook but it had a plain cover so I thought I'd cover it in a piece of blanket,



I rumaged about and found a clock face and a pretty heart shaped locket to go on the front,  a piece of orange ribbon to made  a bow on the locket and some orange threat to sew "notes" on the front,


I added a little "hand made with love" tag at the side and with the help of my trusty glue gun in just half an hour it was done, I love the original blue blanket stitch along the top.



My mam said when I was a baby she could only afford a nice cover for the top of my pram and the ones underneath she made herself. It seems you could buy blanket by the yard and then you edged it in pretty ribbon, hmmm  that's an idea for a cold wintery evening.



We went to the pet shop yesterday to get some doggie biscuits and these three adorable kittens were snuggled together I'm sure I heard one of  them say "can I come and live with you" but Mr Lucey said "no don't even think about it" oh well.....


Don't forget you still have time to enter my giveaway in the last post for the knitted pumpkin,


Love Lucey x

6 comments:

♥ emma bear forever ♥ said...

That's gorgeous, love the little charm x

Unknown said...

Great covered notebook, recycling at it's best :) x

Pinecone Camp said...

That's so sweet!Perfect way to re-use an old blanket ;)

Celestial Charms said...

Such a great notebook cover. Very creative. Those sweet little kitties are absolutely adorable!
Maureen

Unknown said...

ooh I love what you have done! Looking forward to being your swap partner! xx

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

Hi Lucey
I like the notebook cover that you have made. What a great idea. I like making things out of blankets.
Those little kittens are so sweet but I can't bear seeing them in pet shops, that's why I never go in them. I have a history of taking in stray cats and find it so hard to walk away when I see them in need of a home...
Isabelle x