Friday 27 January 2012


Afternoon girls,

I'm feeling a bit better today, thanks for all your get well wishes, mind you I had quite a fright when I looked in the mirror my hair was like Jedwoods, my nose was like Rudolphs, I had black bags under my eyes and my throat feels like I've swallowed a huge roll of barbed wire, I don't eat ice cream even on the hottest of days but I could murder some right now!!

Yesterday afternoon I made a lovely brooch


I embroidered  tea o'clock, (as it's alway's tea o'clock isn't it,) onto some of the yellow blanket then glued a lovely bracelet I had onto it, I love the brilliance of the stones and it looks realy nice on my tea dress.



I've pinned the lovely brooch Daisy sent me onto my coat and it realy brightens it up, there's two things I'd never be without, one is my lipstick and the other is a pretty brooch.


I've been reading all your lovely blogs while laying in bed this morning and I've found a few new ones that I'm now following, I loved the post Nicki wrote from "nastalgia at the stonehouse blog" it's "The history of aprons" have a read it's so true.

Talking of aprons this one is all ready to sew when I can be bothered to get the sewing machine out



it's going tp have a big pink pocket sewn on the front to hold my hankie and pretty pink checked ribbon for ties, I do like a nice pinny.

I made myself some soup for lunch and I've had a shower and got dressed and am now sitting on the settee with a big blanket round my knee it's turned chilly now the sun has gone in and as it's "tablet o'clock" I'll go and dose myself up and have a spray of that disgusting throat spray that does actually make me feel a bit better!!


Bye for now,
love Lucey x






10 comments:

Lace hearts said...

I'm glad you're feeling better - there's a few sniffs and coughs around. I love your brooch - really pretty, and great sentiment. Was wondering earlier if I'd overdone the tea today as I'd had quite a few too many cups!

KC'sCourt! said...

Glad you are feeling better.
Lovely makes
Julie xxxxxxx

Unknown said...

hope you are on the mend. keep up with the tea. x

Unknown said...

Lovely little brooch i never leave the house without one even 2. I always wear one on my tops and have them on every coat i wear to. But mine are vintage ones. Hope you feel better soon i think every one in blogland is feeling rough with these cold bugs. Stay warm, dee x

Daisy said...

Lovely brooch Lucey and it goes so well on your dress. Glad to hear you're feeling a little better.
Love Daisy xxx

♥ Miss Tea said...

i'm so glad ur feeling better! take it easy and rest alot and wrapped up warm! i adore your tea o'clock brooch, it's adorable on your beautiful tea dress and i also love the brooch daisy sent you, it's so cute and i love your coat! the apron looks adorable! love the cute pink pocket on it!

here's to your quick recovery!

x susan

Kelly said...

Glad you are feeling better hun! love your brooch, it looks great on your dress!

Carol said...

Hi Lucy, hope you are fully recovered now.
Love your tea o'clock brooch, yes, that is always the time here too.
I like to wear an apron, my favourite is one made by 'Ted and Agnes' http://talesoftedandagnes.blogspot.com/ and I recently won a vintage one on ebay, looking forward to it arriving.
Thank you for your kind and caring comment on my blog last week, it really was appreciated. I'm ok, still sad, but ok.
Carol xx

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Dear Lucey,
So sorry to hear that you have been poorly but am so happy that you are feeling better now.
Your brooch is so pretty....there's nothing better than tea-time is there ?
Many thanks for your kind birthday wishes. I shall have a glass of bubbly for you today !! Much love. XXXX

Second Hand Rose said...

Glad you're feeling better and I hope you continue to. The brooch is gorgeous and such a simple yet fab idea, very talented! XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.com/