Thursday 5 June 2014

Poppies


I was asked if I would knit some poppies so I braved the rain this morning to visit the wool shop to get some red and green wool. 
I hate this typical English weather where cardigans and tights are abandoned while the sun shines and then you wake up to cold and rain and out they come again......still, the rain does the garden good and it saves filling the watering can about a million times!!


So here I am on this wet afternoon  all cosied by the fire with a dog at my feet, a big bowl of yarn ready to be knit into poppies, a "fleur d orangerier" candle burning, filling the air with the smell of oranges,



 a  nice mug of rosy lee and a packet of wine gums to chomp on while I look through my patterns....bliss!!



What fills your afternoons when it's raining "cats and dogs"?

Lucey x

2 comments:

Knittings Nice! said...

Oh lots....crochet, looking at all the things for our new kitchen extention. Hubby and I moseying around Next and having a costa.

Elderberry-Rob said...

Books! I am reading on my hudl and also a hardback, it is so cosy to curl up with a book on a rainy day. You have the perfect colour yarns for you poppies. Betty