Tuesday 12 January 2010

Spring and "makes"....





Hi girls, I've got a little bit of Spring going on here, I picked up some daffs and a pot of blue hyacinth bulbs in Morrisons yesterday and its brightened  the kitchen up a bit because outside the snow has melted and everything looks dirty.




 I've been a right busy bee this past week, first I got out my lovely CK needlecase and button tin that I got for christmas from  my sister.




Although it was pretty enough I thought it needed one of my wibbly wobbly jelly buttons on the bow !!







Out come the glue gun and I covered these two books with thick wadding and then glued the fabric over the top, if you're not careful with the hot glue it goes all over your fingers as you're sticking it down, I always manage to burn myself as I'm a messy devil!!!




Next it was time to stitch myself a little angel out of a pink Liberty fabric, I made a few at christmas to go in stockings but didn't have time to do one for myself so now I have one hanging on the wall and she's lovely with her vintage button stitched onto her pocket.




Third on the list was "cushions" and I made a few, this is a raspberry toile (why do I think of Laurence Llewellyn Bowen when I say toile???) with cream bobble fringing round it, and the next one is the parisian street scenes.




I made it into a thin bolster and put a piece of old lace along the top then put both cushions on Alexa's CK bedding to brighten it up a bit.







A little pin cushion with some lovely red white and blue ribbon and a couple of pearly "heart" buttons, and a keyring.




I couldn't bear to throw away the scraps so I cut out a few scenes and stuck them onto a piece of CK pink spotty cotton and stuck both on  luggage labels  with a couple of buttons to make a few pretty tags.





and the last tiny bit went on the top of this button jar with a heart button, and a piece of green ribbon pretties it up.





Didn't I do well, all that out of a little over a fat quarter, I'm never happier than when I'm playing with fabric and buttons and I could quite happily play all day but then I'd probrably miss working...NOT... hehe.
I've  started on this weeks  "sewing/making"  but more on that next week as I'm off to work now,

Lots of love,  Lucey xxx

P.S.  Do pop over on Saturday for my "birthday giveaway"
 

XXX


15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lucy
You have been seriously busy, and every single one is just lovely. I can see that you finish your things! Cannot wait to see the next batch, Helen xx

Kissed by an Angel said...

Wow!! You have been busy!! And everything so beautiful!!! Clever you!!! I love the angel too!!
xxxx

VintageVicki said...

You've been busy! Am still at the thinking about it stage!!!

Vicki xxx

made with love said...

Blimey Lucey you have been a busy bee.
i'm glad you made yourself one of those beautiful angels. I love the fabric you used.
Rachael XX

Knittings Nice! said...

Wow Lucey, your putting me to shame, still have the bag to do from CK Sew...but lots in the pipeline, just brought some Laura Ashley Brodie material for cushions and cover a stool....lots of decorating in pipeline too.

Such pretty fabric too.

Teresa xx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous fabric. I love it.

Susan :-)

FairlyGirly said...

Hi

I have given you a blog award.

Congratulations!

A Thrifty Mrs said...

Cor you have been busy!

Dawn said...

I love that Parisian fabric!
You certainly managed to put a fat quarter to good use.

Louise said...

Lovely lovely things! well done you, I am just getting back to making after the Christmas break,you have inspired me to get busy...you can see my angels on my blog, I made them before Christmas. xx

The Girl said...

Oh my goodness you have been so busy - I'm amazed!!

I have tagged you in an award so come on over and pick it up!

Chronicles of Dolliedaydream said...

Oh my fgoodness Lucey I am absolutely astounded! What a fantastic haul and you made them all!!! Do you have an Etsy shop that I have missed? x

maryannlucy said...

Wow - you have been busy. I love the fabric. I have just bought a vintage musical eiffel tower souvenir - great minds think alike ;-)

Auntie Cake said...

Love all your fabrics. So adorable. Good job, my daughter needs a couple of your pillows for her room!
Kate

Celestial Charms said...

Such lovely fabric, and how talented you are in coming up with all the ideas to make use of it. Love the cushions.
Maureen